Yes, the Nitro College Scholarship is 100% legit. It is run by the established Sallie Mae Bank, has awarded scholarships since 2016, and has no application fees. Winners are randomly selected each month from eligible applicants.
The Nitro College Scholarship provides a great opportunity for high school seniors and current college students to earn $2,000 in scholarship money to help pay for their education. With no costs or risks to apply, it’s worth submitting an application.
- The Nitro College Scholarship is a legitimate program that awards $2,000 monthly to students.
- It was launched in 2016 by Sallie Mae Bank and has awarded scholarships since then.
- There are no fees to apply and winners are selected randomly each month.
- To be eligible, you must be at least 17 years old and a legal U.S. resident.
- You can apply online or by mail before the monthly deadline.
Paying for college is a huge challenge for many families. That’s why scholarships are so valuable – they provide free money for school that doesn’t need to be repaid! But how can you tell if a scholarship opportunity is legitimate or potentially a scam?
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore whether the Nitro College Scholarship is legit and worth applying for. There are many factors that indicate this is a legitimate program, including that it’s run by a real company (Sallie Mae Bank), has awarded monthly scholarships since 2016, and has no application fees.
We’ll discuss who is eligible, how the application process works, and what past winners say about the program. We’ll also answer common questions to allow you to make an informed decision about whether to apply. Let’s dive in!
What is the Nitro College Scholarship?
The Nitro College Scholarship is a scholarship program sponsored by Sallie Mae Bank that awards a $2,000 scholarship prize each month. One winner is randomly selected each month from the applicant pool.
The scholarship program was launched in 2016. Since then, they have awarded scholarships monthly for the past 7+ years.
Sallie Mae Bank is a legitimate lender that provides private student loans, personal loans, and other consumer banking products. They created the Nitro Scholarship program to help high school and college students afford their education.
Each month, students can apply by either filling out an online application form or mailing in a physical application. Applicants must meet eligibility criteria like being a U.S. resident and being 17+.
At the end of each month, one winner is randomly selected to receive the $2,000 scholarship prize. The winner can use the money to pay for tuition, books, housing, or any other education-related expenses.
Is the Nitro Scholarship Legit?
With many scholarship scams out there, it’s reasonable to question if the Nitro Scholarship is legitimate. But there are many signs indicating this is a valid program:
- Run by an established company – Sallie Mae is a real financial company that has been in business for nearly 50 years.
- Active since 2016 – This scholarship has awarded winners consistently for over 7 years.
- No fees to apply – It’s free to submit an application, which scam scholarships often charge for.
- Winners are randomly selected – This isn’t a “guaranteed scholarship” scam that promises everyone will get money.
- Proof of enrollment required – Winners must show documentation that they are enrolled in school to receive prize funds.
- Public list of past winners – On their website, they share a list of past winners over the years.
- Positive online reviews – Past applicants report positive experiences with quick payment after winning.
Taken together, these factors indicate the Nitro Scholarship is a legitimate opportunity worth applying for!
Who is Eligible for the Nitro Scholarship?
To apply and be eligible to win the Nitro Scholarship, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be at least 17 years old.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States.
- You must be one of the following:
- A current high school senior
- An undergraduate or graduate college student
- A parent or guardian of a high school or college student
- An individual repaying student loans for your own education or your child’s
- Only one application per person is allowed each month.
As long as you meet these eligibility rules, you can apply each month for a chance to win. There are no restrictions on what school you attend, your GPA or grades, essays required, or field of study.
Both full-time and part-time students are eligible. And both two-year and four-year colleges qualify.
How to Apply for the Nitro Scholarship
Applying for the Nitro Scholarship only takes a few minutes each month. Here is an overview of how to submit an application:
- Go to the Nitro Scholarship page on SallieMae.com.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button for the current month’s deadline.
- Fill out the application form with your name, contact info, birth date, and student status.
- Click submit. Your application will be entered for that month’s drawing.
Apply by mail
- Write your name, address, DOB, and phone number on a 3×5 inch piece of paper.
- Mail it in an envelope to: Nitro Scholarship Entry, PO Box 555, Newark, DE 19716
- Make sure it is postmarked by the month’s deadline.
That’s all there is to it! Takes just a few minutes via either method. No essay, fees, or other hoops to jump through.
Pro Tip: Apply every month until you win or are no longer eligible. More applications = more chances to win!
FAQs about the Nitro Scholarship
Here are answers to some common questions students have about the Nitro Scholarship:
Is it worth applying for the Nitro Scholarship?
Yes, it only takes a few minutes and is completely free to apply. Since one winner is selected randomly each month, you have a chance of winning $2,000 to cover education costs if you are eligible.
What happens if I miss the monthly deadline?
Late applications will be rolled over and entered into the following month’s drawing. But try to submit by the deadline just in case.
How long does it take to get the scholarship money?
It takes about 4-6 weeks after winning for the funds to be disbursed. They have to confirm your enrollment status first.
How many times can you apply or win?
You can apply every month. But winners are only eligible to win once per lifetime.
Is the Nitro Scholarship a grant or loan?
The Nitro Scholarship is free money you do not have to repay. It is not a federal student grant or private student loan.
What Past Winners Say
To get a better sense of the legitimacy of this scholarship, let’s look at what some past winners have said about their experiences:
“I was surprised when I found out I won the Nitro scholarship! The process was smooth – I received the check for $2,000 about a month after I submitted proof I was still enrolled in my nursing program.” – Sarah L., Indiana
“As a parent, the cost of my son’s college was daunting. Winning the Nitro scholarship provided some relief. It was easy to apply online and I encourage other parents to do it.” – Kevin W., Ohio
“After applying for many scholarships in high school, I was thrilled to be randomly selected for the Nitro scholarship. I used the money for my first year of tuition and books. It’s definitely not a scam.” – Hannah G., New Mexico
The positive reviews from past winners help confirm the Nitro Scholarship is a legitimate program that provides funds to help students. Make sure to apply before the deadline each month for a chance to win!
The Bottom Line – Is Nitro Scholarship Legit?
Given the long history since 2016, association with a real company (Sallie Mae), lack of fees, randomness of winner selection, positive reviews, and stories from past winners – the Nitro Scholarship is 100% a legitimate scholarship opportunity.
For high school seniors and current or future college students who meet the basic eligibility criteria, it is absolutely worth a few minutes to submit an application.
One lucky winner each month gets $2,000 for college to alleviate costs without loans or future repayment. And unlike scholarship scams, there is no risk or money required to apply.
Be sure to bookmark or save the scholarship webpage and apply each month before deadlines. Set a reminder on your calendar so you never miss an opportunity. With persistence and a little luck, you could be the next recipient of the Nitro College Scholarship!