Got No Time? A Quick Answer for you:
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024 offers fully funded Masters degrees in Europe for international students. It covers tuition, travel, living costs and more. Applications open in October 2023 and close in January 2024. Eligible students worldwide can apply for up to 3 programs. A motivation letter, transcripts, CV, IELTS score and passport are required. Those with low CPGA can compensate with a strong letter.
- Erasmus Mundus provides fully funded Masters degrees in Europe
- It covers tuition, travel, living costs and more
- Applications open in October 2023 and close in January 2024
- Students worldwide can apply for up to 3 programs
- Required docs: motivation letter, transcripts, CV, IELTS and passport
- Low CGPA can be offset by a strong motivation letter
Erasmus Mundus is one of the biggest European government scholarship programs for international students. It provides full funding for 1-2 year Masters degrees across European countries. The scholarship covers all costs related to studying abroad including tuition fees, travel, visa, monthly stipend, health insurance and more.
Erasmus Mundus offers a unique opportunity to study in at least 3 European countries, experience new cultures and earn a combined degree from multiple universities. Applications for the 2024 intake are now open with the deadline in January 2024. Read on to learn all the key details about this prestigious scholarship program.
Details About Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024 provides full funding for international students to pursue Masters programs across Europe. Here are the key details:
- Covers 100% tuition fees and travel, living, insurance costs
- Monthly stipend of €1000-1500 provided
- Study in minimum 3 European countries
- Earn a combined Masters degree from multiple universities
- No GRE/GMAT required
- No research experience needed
- Open to all fields – sciences, humanities, engineering etc.
This makes Erasmus one of the most comprehensive scholarships available. Students worldwide with a relevant Bachelors degree can apply.
How many Students were Selected for Erasmus in 2022?
For the 2023 intake, 2835 students from 143 countries were awarded the Erasmus Mundus scholarship. The highest number of recipients were from India, China, Brazil, Pakistan, Mexico and Egypt. However, students from all nationalities are welcome to apply.
The Erasmus scholarship is designed to cover most costs related to studying abroad. Here’s a breakdown of what’s included:
- :airplane: Return airfare to Europe
- :page_facing_up: Tuition fees
- :books: Study materials, books
- :house: Accommodation costs
- :moneybag: Monthly stipend of €1000 to €1500
- :syringe: Health/medical insurance
- :page_with_curl: Visa fees
This means you can focus on your education without worrying about finances. The monthly stipend also allows you to explore your host countries and experience Europe.
What’s NOT Required for Erasmus?
Some key things you don’t need for this scholarship:
- No GRE/GMAT
- No research experience
- No specific GPA – even less than 3.0 can apply
- No age limit
- No campus contact needed
The focus is on your motivation and academic background rather than test scores or work experience.
Participating European Countries
With Erasmus Mundus, you could study in any of these European countries:
- France 🇫🇷
- Spain 🇪🇸
- Italy 🇮🇹
- Germany 🇩🇪
- Portugal 🇵🇹
- Sweden 🇸🇪
- Poland 🇵🇱
- Austria 🇦🇹
- Greece 🇬🇷
- Denmark 🇩🇰
- Ireland 🇮🇪
- Romania 🇷🇴
- Lithuania 🇱🇹
- Slovakia 🇸🇰
- Latvia 🇱🇻
The chance to live and learn across multiple cultures is an invaluable experience. You can also build connections across Europe.
Erasmus Master Courses
Some fields you can study with Erasmus Mundus include:
- Art (ART)
- Law (LAW)
- Life Sciences (LIF)
- Literature (LIT)
- Chemistry (CHE)
- Economic Sciences (ECO)
- Education (EDU)
- Environmental and Geosciences (ENV)
- History (HIS)
- Information Science and Engineering (ENG)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mathematics (MAT)
- Physics (PHY)
- Political science (POL)
- Psychology (PSY)
- Social Sciences and Humanities (SOC)
Check the EMJMD course catalogue for the full list of programs and options. You can apply for up to 3 courses.
Who can Apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship is open to students worldwide, from any country or nationality. The key criteria are:
- Completed 4-year undergraduate degree or enrolled in final year
- 16+ years of prior education
- Meet English language requirements (usually IELTS 6.5+)
- Hold a valid passport
No prior study or work experience in Europe is required. Students from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
Typical documents needed include:
- Academic transcripts
- CV in Europass format
- Motivation letter
- IELTS/TOEFL score
- Letters of recommendation
- Passport copy
Check individual program requirements as they may vary.
To be eligible for Erasmus Mundus Masters programs:
- You must have an undergraduate degree – 16 years of prior education
- All nationalities welcome to apply
- Usually need IELTS 6.5+ or TOEFL equivalent
- No age limit
- Even <3.0 GPA> eligible in some cases
The focus is on academic excellence, potential and motivation rather than prior grades or experience.
How to Apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024?
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for Erasmus Mundus starting October 2023:
- Browse the EMJMD course catalogue and shortlist up to 3 programs
- Check each program website for details on eligibility and process
- Prepare required documents – transcripts, CV, letter, IELTS etc.
- Submit online application along with all documents
- Provide references when prompted
- Wait for results – selection is highly competitive!
Pro Tip: Put time into your motivation letter, as it can make or break your application. Describe your academic background, career goals, and reasons for applying.
- October 2023 – Erasmus 2024 applications open
- January 2024 – Application deadline
- April 2024 – Results announced
- September 2024 – Classes begin
So start preparing your documents now to apply in October. The early you apply, the better your chances.
Advice for LOW CGPA Students
Don’t be deterred if you don’t have a stellar GPA. You can still win an Erasmus scholarship by:
- Having an outstanding motivation letter – tell your story!
- Highlighting relevant experience like projects or internships
- Submitting strong letters of recommendation
- Scoring well on language tests like IELTS
With a compelling application, you can overcome lower grades.
Returning Back to the Country
One great thing about Erasmus is scholars can return home after completing their degree program. There is no obligation to stay on in Europe. You can return with an international degree, cross-cultural experience and global connections.
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship offers a life-changing opportunity to earn a fully funded Masters in Europe. From October 2023, eligible students worldwide can apply for the 2024 intake. This covers all costs to study abroad including airfare, living expenses and more. With a little preparation and a strong application, this prestigious scholarship can be yours!
So if you’re looking to launch an international education and career, Erasmus Mundus is a great way to make it happen.